Friday 1 July 2011

Celebrating our 4th year of marriage

Called to book a table for 2 at our current favourite.

Chef said: " For 2? You like cous cous? Fish? I will cook you something nice"

Woohoo. I cannot wait for 7pm to come.

Impatient us did the gift exchange last night, and as what we do all the time, it's lots of guessing and acting suspiciously. The build-up was unbearable so each declared to not wait till the clock strikes 12. P was enjoying the fun of picking presents, guessing and dropping hints. Into our 5th year of marriage, this probably is the one greatest change in him.

We have our fair share of squabbles as all others do, but I am happy that we are able to (most of the time) give in to each others nonsense and occasional mood swings. It's amazing how much we have both changed to accommodate each other and taught each other things about life that we never knew before. One of the greatest lessons P taught me was never to expect anything from anyone. Never be nice thinking that you will get the same treatment back. That's pretentious. I hope that year after year, we will not forget our "please"s and "thank you"s, be polite to each other always and P will still be asking me to leave the dishes to him.

Let's see what I will blog on our 5th anniversary.

No comments: