Tuesday 17 February 2009

Present exchange for married couples

My present in Hoops and Yoyo wrapping paper (screaming in a bright hue of V day red). P gave me a huge surprise by placing a 8 cm X 8 cm keychain in a box 3 times its size on the 13th and I spent the next 6 hours killing myself trying to guess what is hiding beneath the wrapping paper.




I cannot recall when this whole guessing game started but we have this practice of exchanging presents on the eve of any occasion (so that we can spend half a day guessing then rip the wrapping paper like a hungry tiger when the clock strikes 12). Seriously, given the size of the box, I thought it must be psp/ipod/iphone alike. But come to think of it, when you are married and you share finances like us, maybe it wouldn't be a nice surprise if you are given some exorbitant presents that you know would bleed your bank account. So when I unwrapped the present hungrily, I was both surprised and amazed. I lost my keychain recently and I have to rummage through my huge bag for the house keys with much frustration almost every other day. Receiving P's V day present for me this year felt somewhat different. It wasn't anything close to being luxurious but it was a clear indication that we have taken our r/s a step further.

No comments: