Sunday 15 February 2009

1 or more?

P and I never seriously sat down to discuss in details about our plan for bb but we kinda have a common consensus that the time is yet. I pride myself as someone who is organized and loves schedules by nature but my apprehension for this Big B plan has been sending a different signal to my brain.

And yesterday, after a sumptuous V-day dinner, P and I got home, continued Monster mashing (which is very addictive!) then sat down for our daily dosage of Simpsons (which is on our "now playing" list since we have either exhausted or caught up with the latest televised episode of GG/Supernatural/LWord/Heroes).

At the scene that Bart and Marge were fishing by the river, P turned to me and asked a hypothetical question, i.e. if we have 2 kids what gender would I prefer.

Seriously, I have no preference. In fact, I would very much just have 1 kid. Tonnes including P, my mum, friends etc. have discussed against having just 1 kid. The most ridiculous reasoning I have ever heard was "having more kids means less chances of disappointment". This meaning if one kid fails to meet your expectations, you always have a second child to place your bet on.

How sad is this.

No comments: