Saturday 21 February 2009

Let me get home, please

I was so angry that I shouted into the phone

"I REALLY HATE THIS PLACE!"

Apparently some smart ass shifted the immigration service out of the airport and the nearest place I can get my re-entry permit done is at the headquarters in central Bangkok (which is an hour away from the airport). Which country in this world would waive off visa extension fee in the hope of spiking tourist numbers then shift the service away? And guess what, the headquarters is CLOSED on weekends. So I was once again left stranded in Bangkok, unable to leave the country without risking my visa and work permit getting canceled but wanting so badly to get home.

I would like to be back home. I want to be there before she lose her last breath. Maybe it's no longer about getting back and being there for her. Maybe a larger part of me just don't want to be sorry for myself if I can't be part of her passing on. I hate to even think of how different people will be, places will be, things will be and getting back home to realize that things have changed so much when I am away that home is no longer the same home it used to be.

No comments: