Tuesday 8 July 2008

Rants on bad movie, bad service and bad hmm...

I saw somewhere about Will Smith's Hancock topping the box office and I assumed that it would be good. I thought it would be since it's also starring Charlize Theron. Anyway, we saw it in the theater last evening and I regret not reading the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes first before stepping into the cinema.

We managed to find a counter selling HRM watches in the sports section yesterday. It wasn't what we were looking for and the sales person got us quite pissed. Anyone who's displeased with the service standards in Sg should come take a look at how people work here in Chiangmai. In Sg, it's always the bad attitude and pushiness of sales staff that gets customer annoyed. Here, it's ALWAYS ignorance. Sales staff here seem to have zero product knowledge. As what P says, they are paid to work for their physical presence. That's it. And they are plain lazy, slow and highly unresponsive. The guy yesterday was hopeless. He couldn't demonstrate how to use the HRMs, was not aware of their functions and did not even know what models there were.

After the HRM episode, P wanted to get stuff for work and we ended up in various hypermarts again. I think it was like 10 p.m. when we got home. Next moment, P was handed a English-Thai translation homework from his niece. He started out all well but got kinda frustrated when he realized that it was getting late and he hadn't done a thing since getting home. I am perfectly fine with helping the kids but working for them, hmm. Aside from translation, we had done sketches for their art classes and seen their mum and the house helper sewing, colouring and doing miscellaneous work. I think the kids are either

1. Too busy with school work and tuition classes; or
2. Plain lazy

I don't see how attending tuition classes should interfere with completing school work. It makes no sense to me if it does. Seeing how other kids are brought up makes me draw up a mental list of "Dos" and "Don'ts". I know everything seems easier on paper and in theory and that's probably the reason why a little one is not in our plan yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the decrease issue of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=cc file transfer 2.90 ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg