Monday 30 June 2008

One month in Sg plan



"Feeling sleepy in the afternoon is normal. It doesn’t mean you had a big lunch, or that you’re depressed, or you’re not getting enough exercise. That’s just how animals’ cycles work — every 24 hours, we have two periods of intense sleepiness. One is typically in the wee hours of the night, from about 2am to 4am, and the other is around 10 hours later, between 1pm and 3pm. If you’re a night owl and wake up later in the morning, that afternoon sleepiness may come later; if you’re an early bird, it may come earlier. But it happens to everyone; we’re physiologically hardwired to nap"

-- 7 Simple Rules for How to Take a Nap

By the way, rule 7 reads "Quit that silly job where they don’t let you take naps during the day". I guess 90% of the working population in Singapore would have to go jobless.

Mdm here is sleeeeeeeeeepy and it's only Monday! At 12.30 a.m. last night, my hubby tried to convince me to pick a choice from his movie inventory since neither of us was feeling sleepy. We didn't cos the disciplined part of me didn't want to be a drifting soul at work on a Monday morning. But it didn't help! So this morning, we made a new pact to get to bed before 11. I really don't see why this is impossible since we knock off from work at 4.30.

My weekend was lazy as usual. At least once a week, I will feel like skipping a calories-counting meal and indulge in whatever. And yesterday was the day. P and I bought dinner that's enough to feed 4 (1 chicken rice, 1 braised pork rice, 2 bags of pork porridge, 2 pork buns, 1 bag of soy bean milk with glutinous rice balls, 1 bag of bread dip, 2 cans of Coke and 2 cans of Sprite) and we sat and munched while watching movie. It's 2 more weeks to my trip back home and I KNOW I HAVE TO STOP.

I looked at the calendar and realized how hard it is to truly enjoy my one week back in Sg. As much as I want to meet up with everyone back at home, I want to be able to enjoy my time lazing, shopping, munching and re-acquainting with the places I used to frequent. I want to know that nothing is changed (yet). It seems kinda tough for all these to be done in a week. Besides, P's with me this time round and I know he won't be that happy if he had to be dragged around for the entire week. I wouldn't be if I'm in his shoes. These days, I have been thinking of the possibilities of spending, once a year, one full month back at home. It seems to make more sense. I mean I will still make multiple trips back home but one of which (say year end), I am hoping to spend one full month in Sg. And for that month back in Sg, I would relinquish my "Madam" title, temporary. How does that sound? Hmm...

3 comments:

shannz said...

gathering at my place on 13th is confirmed! You prefer popiah party or order food from Cin's malay auntie?

Vanessa said...

either is fine... popiah party sounds fun. =))

Anonymous said...

no mdm? wooooooo....