Saturday 28 June 2008

Breathing down their neck

The new haircut



By the way, Forensic Heroes 2 is on crunchyroll too and it comes with subtitle!!!

I have agreed to give supplementary Mandarin classes for my nieces an hour each on Saturday and Sunday. We started the classes a couple of weeks ago and I have a feeling that the kids are starting to dread the weekly classes. It's hard not to, I will too if I'm them. The kids have tuition classes 5 times a week, thrice on weekdays. On some days, they get home past 7.30pm.

If I haven't been here, I would have thought that only kids in Singapore are enrolled in intensive supplementary classes by their parents. My nieces/ nephews back in Singapore are attending special weekend courses and mind you, they are still babbling toddlers. Aside from the usual music, art and dance classes, there are now art and speech therapy classes. My nieces here in Thailand, are picking up golf and are attending classes 3 times a week.

I don't remember myself as a kid having to attend classes like them. In fact, my parents never really bother to send us for enrichment classes. Sometimes, I wonder if I will unconsciously become a mum who breathes down my kids' neck too.

No comments: