Tuesday 10 June 2008

On a sick tuesday night

I was kinda sick since last night but had to drag myself to work cos I had some meetings scheduled today. And when I did manage to endure till it was time to knock off, P called to inform that he would be an hour late. So, Mdm decided to go public. I picked up the phone and did my first cab booking. Anyhow, it was an awful experience cos the operator screwed up and sent the driver to the wrong campus. We wasted a lot of time trying to locate each other only to realize that we were in different campuses. And when he did reach the right one, he couldnt find the building. By the time I was home, I was so tired that I just slumped right onto bed and dozed off. I am feeling so much better now. At least I had the energy for this. Check out my best actor.





I received a message from MM this morning. In fact, I was still asleep when my phone beeped. She reminded me of how different my attitude had changed towards working life. Mdm is no longer dreading to go to work and moving around in the office like a soulless white collar. The strength of my will power got me surviving till the end of a sick day at work! And this was not done out of obligation. I guess in comparison to my days in SLA, I am highly underpaid here. But job being a non-monetary motivator changes everything. It makes going to work more enjoyable when you don't dread spending 8 hours at work. I reckon everyone who's unhappy in his/ her current job should just quit and look for a greener pasture.

No comments: