Monday 9 June 2008

Mummy kitchen versus thai kitchen

My mum made some rice dumplings over the weekend and MM gave her thumbs up. And now... I am craving for them!!! Frankly, my mum can really make very yummy rice dumplings. I would be back home in July but I doubt they can be kept till next month. And out of a sudden, I am missing her fried vermicelli too... and soup dumplings, lotus root soup... ROARRRRRRRRRR.

Still, Thai food is amazingly delicious and extremely tasty. It's like 9 out of 10 dishes are yummy and I usually manage to pick up one dish per week that I decide is good enough for me to consume everyday for the rest of the week. I'm currently kinda addicted to Yen Ta Fo which is like an adaptation of Yong Tau Foo. The Thai version adds the red sauce, which comes with a sour twist (as most Thai food), into the soup, making it into a red broth. IMO, many hawker style food in Thailand is being under-rated.

Forget Pad Thai.

Yen-ta-fo



Boat noodle



Suki Naam



I am missing the simplicity in home-cooked food right now. And I am kinda getting sick of thinking what to get for dinner everyday. This is when you start to realize what a blessing it is that mummy's cooking and food is all ready when you get home.

1 comment:

yttun said...

mom said she will bao again when u r back! ^^
gan dong dao~~~~~