Saturday 15 March 2008

Work, Food and Misc

It's sat! *Yawnz* I'm feeling so lazzzzyyyy.

Ok. So the title says it all. =))

WORK

It becomes pretty apparent that for the time being, my focus will be on fundraising work and I probably wont be teaching any time soon. My boss (Sam) had expressed that teaching would take up alot of time (even as an adjunct). But I really hope that I would have the opportunity to do it, cos... I really like teaching. Anywayz, back to my jobscope. Fund raising isnt new, in fact schools and non-profit organizations had been doing quite a bit of fundraising work. The work includes organizing events for fundraising, making proposals to foundations, trust and organizations for capital/ resource support etc.

Right now, the school had become pretty serious with fundraising and that explains why they had employed me and C, my new thai colleague. The work was previously done by Sam and the VP, who also had other jobs on hand. With us coming on board, the team is at full-fledged.

An example of what we have been researching on so far is funding for the pharmacy pilot plant. The pharmacy dept in Payap is very new (2 years old) and alot of the facilities for running the dept are lacking. Sam managed to secure some funds for the laboratory last year and the dean had expressed that for the program to be fully accredited, there's a need for a pharmacy pilot plant (for students to have hands-on experience in making drugs). Funding is needed for the construction of the plant plus purchase of equipments. What we probably would have to do next is to run down the list of foundations and filter those with interest in the pharmaceutical field. Also, we would have to look at pharmaceutical corporations locally for sponsorships and looking for both international and local donations of equipments (new or second hand). So... it's lotsa contacting and meeting people. As for proposal writing to foundations, there's like this budget analysis thingy that have to be done. For every proposal, we have to know our needs and why we are running the program. Ok, guess it sounds quite clear now. =))

FOOD

Got down to cooking char siew and mango pudding last sunday. Check out the pics:

Marinating the pork


Slow cooking


Ready!!


Not the typical char siew cos it's not roasted. I didnt put in red colouring as well. Nonetheless, it's rather yummy (although it doesnt look so from the pics, I know!!!)

Next was the mango pudding. I swear this is super yummy, especially for those who like the yum-cha style mango pudding. It's so super smooth and the mangoes I used were like so sweet and fresh!

The ingredients:


The base syrup (sugar and all)


Stirring in everything. Kindda dont look quite delicious here. LOL~


And finally, it's donnnneee!!!


I'll be doing braised pork today! O..O

BTW, this is like an "uniform" for Thais on Monday. I was told by C that it's better to wear it since we are working in a school. The whole wearing yellow thing is part of this campaign that was ran some years back. Anywayz, I have decided to boycott it after wearing it once last Monday. I really look like some factory worker you know. =.=''

No comments: