Tuesday 11 March 2008

Updates!

It has been a week since I've started work. I know I shldnt be doing this in the office, but it's 15 mins to lunch and I guess I can wrap up my updates before going off.

The past week had been fulfilling and work is great so far. To be frank, I like my job and how it is looking. People are friendly and helpful and the job is very enriching. I really like how a big portion of my working hours is spent on researching, which is something that I'm very into. Perhaps it would be easier to understand my jobscope if I am to give a brief description on what I am working on right now. That would have to be continued after lunch though. =P

A close friend of P got inducted into this monkhood program. We spent saturday in his house and a local temple, witnessing the ceremony and sending him off. He would have to stay in the temple for 2 weeks. As long as he does so, he's like a monk and not a commoner. It's pretty interesting how this works. According to P, most thai guys are expected to go through this before they are married. He obviously didnt and I doubt he would be ready to sacrifice his hair for it.

Off for lunch now and would be back with a short description of my work for folks back at home!
_______________________________________________________

I was quite caught up with work yesterday and didnt have the time to finish up my update! Gosh. This is amazing. So... I am doing it now in the office (again), 15 mins before lunch. We are having Macdonald's today and they are going to deliver my food right to my office! =)) I am lunching in cos I have to leave an hour earlier. Tam's here for the past few days and she's leaving today. P and I wanted to send her off cos we really dunno when we would be able to see her again. Anywayz, I very much want to visit her in HK (hopefully very soon!) more so since she has offered us free accomodation over at her new place. LOL~

We havent seen each other since my wedding in July and we dont really keep in contact via MSN 'cause she's really busy with work. Seeing her again and catching up is awesome. I had spent a lot of my time in Sydney with them, doing crazy stuff like visiting King's Cross in the wee hours, piling on lots and lotsa Indo mee, X-boxing, bitching etc. I dunno how she feels about seeing us becoming couple then getting married (must be kindda weird I suppose), but I really appreciate the fact that I've met her (and many others, of course). Some years later, I will tell my kid that she's a very special friend of ours. =))

WRT work, I seriously think it will get abit lengthy if I'm going to start describing it. So... I'll do it in my next post! Mdm is lazy arh.

Oh oh... Daddy and mummy are visiting next month during the Songkran week!

No comments: