Wednesday 5 December 2007

1.. 2.. 3!

Just got back from our celebratory dinner and shopping. It's our 3rd anniversary! =) We had dinner at this al fresco restaurant that served rather yummy western food. For the amount of food and its quality, I guess it was very value for money.

Got a very interesting pressie from P. It's extremely dark in his place at night cos there aint window openings and I often bumped into objects lying ard (sometimes even the bedframe). I am uber accident-prone here. And guess what... P bought me a night lamp! Pictures of it to be posted soon.






Very un-romantic but thoughtful gift. I lurvvvveee. =))

3 years... wohoho~. When my mum first met P at the dorm, she thought he was a painter (house painter, not arty farty painter). And now, her daughter is married to that painter. How cool is that. I remembered when we graduated, I spoke to some gfs of mine about where the long distance r/s would be heading to and there was this instant shock when I spoke of myself getting married to P and moving to Thailand. Our r/s was half a year old then and my gfs thought that I wasnt with him long enough to decide on something like that. Guess many would have thought that it was an impulsive decision. And I guess it was that impulse that got me here. As a married woman living a married life, I'm happy with what I'm getting now. I've a husband who makes the bed, washes the dishes and do our laundry. And I know he tries his best to make us happy and enjoy our lives here. But at times when I miss my family, I hate life for the unfairness cos things cannot be easier for me like it is for most people. I have to live a life that I have to choose between people I love in my life.

Just the other day, I was speaking to my mum over the phone about some mundane happenings. She told me of her recent purchases, and how she had gone to Chinatown alone to get herself a new pair of glasses, for both her long- and short-sightedness. And it saddened me alot to hear from her that she had to do all these alone. Maybe it doesnt really sound like a big deal but it gets upsetting to be reminded that I cannot be there for them when they need me and that I have divorced my life from theirs. Sometimes, I feel guilty for making a selfish choice which they had nonetheless given their blessings wholeheartedly. I owe my life to them who had given me all I had ever wanted.

1 comment:

yttun said...

As long as u r happy, we are happy for u.
I miss u alot esp when i m upset, but i m glad tt u r oways online to hear me out.
<3 u