Thursday 8 November 2012

Insane and then sane again

After (barely) surviving 3 weeks without any help since my folks left, the nanny came to our rescue on Monday like a godsend. It was the toughest 3 weeks of my life, handling Utt alone (almost). P was here to help but frankly there is not much he could do. But I have to give him lotsa credit for taking good care of me, ensuring I get my meals, and taking care of the chores in the house. But when it comes to getting the baby to sleep, dealing with his crankiness and fussiness, it definitely wasnt P's forte. Strangely enough, I havent felt this loved by my husband. Not once, he gave me encouraging words and numerous pats on the shoulder telling me how proud he is of me, how sorry he is that I have to go through these, etc. We are both new parents but when it comes to taking care of the young man the division of duties was clear. Only then you realise that gender equality is bullshit. Equity can be strived for but never equality. There are some things that are meant for Mamas to do, that we are to assume the duties because we are created for them.

Utt is turning 2 month in a couple of days. As much as I wish he will be sitting, crawling and walking soon (and me getting back my uninterrupted sleep), the past 2 months zoomed by pretty amazingly. The little man is now making noises almost like he is responding to us, smiling and at times laughing when he is in good mood and is developing motor skills (using his hands for comfort sucking, grabbing the bottle and Mama's boobies).

Alot of things have changed and will never be the same again but I am glad that P is in it, Utt is in it and we are growing together as a family. And only in tough times do you realise how much love you have around you

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments: