Thursday 15 January 2009

The Thai speaker wannabe

I should have gone on to elaborate more.

One of the main reasons that I went to a hospital instead of a GP is professionalism. The second being it's absolutely free (I have health insurance and it covers hospital visits)!!! My HP is like 90% full now and I am sure most of the toxins are being expelled (or are in the process of) from my body because I literally shat charcoal this morning.

And regarding the weather here. It somehow turns freaky since we got back from Singapore. The average morning temperature is 12 - 13 °C and at this very moment, it is 17.6 °C. This is the temperature that Hongkies would be wearing thick eskimos' suit but in Chiang Mai, people are merely in their windbreakers. I would be crazy to be wearing some really nice trenchcoat to work (which I am very tempted to do because I prefer keeping my body warm at all times).

I am into my third day at Thai class and I am kinda enjoying it. Not because I have met new friends (although I did but we didn't really have the opportunity to socialize much). The classes are more intensive than the ones I attended when I first arrived but I think I am learning much more this time round (academically). So... I am adding expanding my resolution list to include a fifth item

5. Improve my spoken/written Thai

And hopefully, next time when someone's here to visit me in Chiang Mai or I am meetng anyone somewhere else in Thailand (Krabi would be fantastic), I would not need P to be around to be an effective guide/ translator.

=)

No comments: