Monday 5 January 2009

Post trips

The going-to-be lengthy blog post is a sign that Mdm is back at work.

We had an amazing 2 weeks break (18 days to be exact), had lotsa fun during our family trip and Mdm managed to meet up with most of my mates. In fact, this is the first time since I left 1.5 years ago that I got to meet up with mini Mindy and V girls not once but twice in a single trip. It was really nice to be able to catch up and bitch with these girls again.

Ok, some thoughts post trip.

About Taipei, I seriously am heading back there again. I don't see why anyone wouldn't enjoy this city. The food's good, city's clean and accessible, things are cheap and most importantly, people are nice (think Taiwan. Then think Hong Kong).

And about Hong Kong, Mdm is so NOT going back there again till my kid decides to see the mini Disneyland. Over the last 10 years, I have made like 3 trips to Hong Kong once every 3 years or so and I couldnt't help but enjoy less of this place each time I re-visited. The service there is HORRIBLE and, it's not just me. I heard complains from 2 separate sources who visited Hong Kong around the same period as I did. And somehow, the crowd there seems rather rowdy.

And about Singapore, Mdm is pleased that I managed to catch up with most of the changes. As in, I wasn't as stunned as I was in July when I walked down Orchard. Orchard Emerald is gone but the place is still recognizable. More time in Singapore means more time for me to re-familiarize myself with the various places that had undergone some sorta renovation works.

Mdm is happy that everyone seems to be getting on well in life. My folks are healthy, MM seems much happier and my baby recognizes me (and even looked kinda sad when we were getting our luggages out of the house).

No comments: