Friday 21 November 2008

Of yummy Taiwanese food/snacks

米腸
肉腸
愛玉冰
芒果冰
青草茶
甜不辣
萬巒豬腳
冰糖醬鴨
涼麵
戴記臭豆腐
蚵仔煎
六安堂
烏骨雞
鐵蛋
紫藤廬
鹽酥雞
牛肉乾
肉丸
碗稞

and this.


All recommended by Miss Candice. We haven't seen her since our wedding last July and sadly, we couldn't catch up with her in Taiwan cos she would have left and be back at home for her white Christmas!!! =((


P's brother and his wife were off to Japan since Tuesday and we have been staying over at his place (as usual). And because we have nothing much to do over there (having consumed all movies/dramas), we went to bed at 10 plus (which is a record). I got up fresh as a lemon this morning (and so did P, who was not displaying any sign of his usual grumpiness).


Sidetracking,I met some foreigners who tried conversing with me in Thai and was kinda taken aback when I replied in English. For my past 1.5 years in Thailand, I have always been mistaken as a Thai (at times Burmese, Filippino) but never as a Singaporean. And at yesterday's meeting, my boss introduced me as his "Chinese staff" and this really made me felt uncomfortable cos it sounded like I'm from China (which is nothing disgraceful but as a patriotic Singaporean, I would rather be known as a Singaporean) .

No comments: