Saturday 1 November 2008

The trouble with kids (parents)

I suspect the kids have great fear for their uncle (i.e. my hubby).

I was happily playing RCT last week when the kids barged in (which only happens when P's not in), saw what's on my computer screen, and coaxed me into letting them play the game. They liked it so much that they stayed for hours, then managed to (I don't know how) get their dad to upgrade their PCs since the game requires better specs than the old machine. P was kinda unhappy about how things turned out and told the kids that he DELETED the game when they finally got their new machines last Tuesday. So after much trouble, they didn't get to enjoy RCT.

Fast forward. The kids' dad came back yesterday (he works in some place 3 hours away from Chiangmai and only comes back on Friday and stays over the weekend) and the kids pestered their dad to get RCT for them (which he couldn't since shops were already closed at 8pm). Anyway, the kids managed to get some demo version online. And... the elder kid refused to attend tuition classes since she wanted time to explore her new game (and computer).

Just a moment ago, their dad spoke to me and wanted me not to share any games with them (which I didn't cos they actually BARGED in and saw it on my screen). So now the dad plays the good guy, supplying the kids with whatever they want (from expensive watches, ipods, cameras to whatever shit you can imagine (as long as they see that others have them) and others play the villian.

Like it's our fault.

No comments: