Wednesday 20 August 2008

Cost of raising a kid is not the real problem

Jake Gyllenhaal in the screen adaptation of Prince of Persia

He looks weird. IMO, Clive Owen or even Mr Wolverine would look better. Maybe they are too old for the moves. Anyway, PoP is one game that I sat through, watching with great enthusiasm while P was playing it. So, the screen adaptation has to be good.

Mdm is looking forward to Tropic Thunder!



I think it's going to be screened in the Thai theatres pretty soon. =))

I digress.

So, as announced, there will now be four months of paid maternity leave instead of three and childcare leave will be extended from two to six days a year. When I saw this in the news, I was thinking to myself that as and when we are ready to have one, I will put on my life jacket and swim back to Singapore.

Anyway, as usual, it's hard to satisfy everyone. This being the most ridiculous one that I have seen

Give grandparents recognition in this 'shared responsibility'


And this second
The cost of raising a kid in Singapore is THE problem.

Frankly, I think we are asking AND expecting too much from the government. If young couples can own a car, have residential property, enjoy frequent dine outs and pamper ourselves with expensive treats, we got to admit that we are simply too selfish to trade the colours in our lives for a baby in the pram.

High cost is a problem for everything, but it didnt stop us from owning a car.

No comments: