Wednesday 16 July 2008

Visit to the (still) happening Clarke Quay

We stayed home for the whole of this afternoon. I was baking cupcakes with mum and P was busy PSP-ing (something that had kept him happily occupied for hours). Anywayz, the cupcakes turned out quite horrible. Those on the first plate were completely burnt. Mdm mistook 3 for 2 and switched the timer knob to 35 mins instead of 25 mins. And I suspected that something was very wrong with the receipe I found online. It stated that the cupcakes should be baked at a temperature of 300 degree c. The maximum on our oven was 200!!! =.=''

My dad was waiting for us to get back for his birthday dinner, which by now had been late for a week. We tried Tung Lok Signature at The Central this evening. The food was above average but the serving was unbelievably small. On our way back, we actually grabbed some fried rice and cai tao kueh from Bukit Timah Food Centre. Anyhow, the restaurant has very good ambience and service. What's more is it actually faces Clarke Quay and has a very nice view of the Singapore River. The price is steeper than normal Tung Lok but I think for the food, service, ambience and location, paying 50 odd bucks per pax is actually quite worth.

I hadnt been to Clarke Quay for a year now. After dinner, we took a stroll around that area and were surprised that the place was actually crowded on a week day night. The revitalization of Clarke Quay is IMO, very successful. At least till now, that area is still hip and happening. Frankly, doing F&B businesses in Sg is quite tough. When I was in my teens, Boat Quay was super happening. It's practically dead the last time I was there (which was a year ago, but I doubt it's alive now). I hope Clarke Quay can stay the way it is for long. If you havent ridden on the river cruise, I think you should definitely give it a try. With Clarke Quay now bustling with activities, it makes a lot of sense to pay for the ride.

No comments: