Monday 21 July 2008

8 days later

We touched down at 10 pm and got home at 10.30 pm yesterday night. I was so tired. At 12 am, I was on my bed and all ready to sleep. P was still packing then looking for new movies on his favorite torrent websites and giving random comments while I drifted to lala land. This morning, P didn't manage to get up and is now on a self-declared half-day off from work.

I don't have much catching up to do in the office since there was a 2-day public holiday last week and I was actually absent for a mere 3 days although I haven't been at work for 9 days. In fact, I can afford to blog at work now so it very much explains my workload.

My next trip back home would be in December. That's going to be a whole 5 months and the longest I have been away from home. I have a feeling that I won't be able to bear it and might be home in October. 5 months is like half a year! The thought of it is making me feel so sad. Yesterday, P told me over dinner to discuss with my family about going on a trip together this year end. P and I are already having travel plans for December. I wouldn't call it honeymoon since our honeymoon was ruined by the immigration last September but we are planning to travel together out of Thailand/Singapore/Malaysia/Australia for the first time. And now, he invited my family along. It's not really a big deal but it is a gesture that I am very appreciative of.

The last few days in Singapore was hectic. We had a bbq with our extended family on Friday night, met up with my aki buddies on Saturday morning, prepared dinner for my family in the evening (which received thumbs up from my Dad) then met up with my crazy cousins at Settlers' and USYD friends at Kandi Bar at night and had an early yum-cha session with my uncle's family on Sunday morning. I didn't manage to meet up with everyone although I get to see many old friends who I haven't met since I left Singapore last August.

I realized that I haven't been missing much. Most of my friends are so caught up with work and all that they don't seem to be catching up frequently anyway. Although I missed the pampering at home, my mum is feeding me with enough juicy news that I am in fact better informed than MM. Maybe it's not just the people, maybe it's the life. I thought I have gotten used to my life here and the city bug in me is half-dead till I strolled along Orchard Road again after a year.

No comments: