Wednesday 2 July 2008

The exotic Jerusalem meal

We spent yesterday's dinner at this place called Jerusalem Falafel. P and I had no clue what to expect since falafel is not a regular vocabulary in our dictionary and we spent a while making our choices since everything on the menu looked unfamiliar. We got a set that comes with 6 dipping sauces, beef balls (yes, beef) and pita bread. The food was not super yummy but I quite like the taste. P, on the other hand, thought the food was rather bland. Somehow, the food reminded me of Samar at Arab Street and of course, shisha!!! I remember seeing Samar in the news some time back and as I was doing my usual googling this morning, I read that Samar had shifted!!!

Sigh.

I wasn't quite sure why but I was feeling very tired after dinner but simply didn't feel like getting home. As per our Tuesday SOP, we ended up in the cinema. As expected, Kungfu Panda was entertaining. The storyline was predictable and all but the whole idea of animals mastering martial arts was hilarious. And you got to check out the characters' expressions while they strike their Kung Fu poses. It's so funny. Jack Black did a very good voice over for Po and the CG was amazing.

No comments: