Wednesday 30 July 2008

10 things I'd tell my 15-year-old self

I came across this in the morning. It is quite an interesting read and was probably a list I already had mentally but didn't find it necessary to be written down.

Mine seems to differ so much:

1. Eat Something.
I don't remember not eating when I was in my teens. In fact, weight issues only started to bother me in my post-University days (I think).
2. Stay Classy.
Huh?
3. Your Mom is Right.
I am kinda hesitant about this, but... ya. She's right. In my teens, my mum wasn't the most friendly mummy on earth. In fact, MM and I had lots of issues with her. But looking back, I kinda appreciate the role she had played in my teens cos it did nurture me in a way.
4. You Can't Make Everyone Like You.
5. Your Class Rank is Not a Measure of Intelligence.
Half-nod
6. Boys. Stop freaking out about them.
7. You'll Get Over It.
8. Your Friends Are Going to Be Grown-ups Too.
9. Don't Be So Nice.
I don't think I was a nice young kid. In fact, I think I try harder now than before. I must have pissed so many when I was younger.
10. Enjoy this Time.
I still miss the good old days.

This is the 27-year-old me to the 15-year-old me:

1. Exercise
The V girls were horrible at this. A typical warm up for us merely involved circling the basketball court 5 times. Frankly, I wished I had started earlier.
2. Get very involved
In whatever.
3. Your Mom is Right.
4. Be bold and stupid
Seriously, that seemed to be the only time that it was acceptable to be bold and stupid.
5. Your Class Rank is Not a Measure of Intelligence
And future success
6. Boy-girl relationships are crappy.
Frankly, no matter who the "he" was, I think I had missed out a whole lot of fun with my friends.
7. Keep in contact
8. Have fun with your peers.
9. Try to be nice
10. Enjoy this Time.
___

Mdm's not exactly in a good mood. In fact, my skies are pretty grey at this moment. It's at times like this that you really hope that when the storm's over, everything settles.

No comments: