Thursday 27 March 2008

Power mums

It's 2 more hours to getting off from work and then it's friday! *Yawn* I'm soooo tired now and I can't wait to have a good rest this weekend.

Yupz, no guessing. I'm doing it at work, AGAIN. Just feel that my brain is going to explode from all these researching and figured out that I kindda needed a break (15 mins?). So here I am ranting and updating or whatsoever you want to call it. =P

Has it ever occured to you how tough it is to be a working mum? This has nothing to do with myself wanting or not to conceive, yet. It's just a thought that crosses my mind very often, especially when I'm tidying the room after work. At home, we have to do laundry ourselves and aside from that there's really not much housework to be done. No cooking, cleaning (outside of our territory) etc. Somehow, we will do lotsa miscellaneous stuff and by the time we are ready to rest for the day, it's past midnight.

On days that we are not dining out, we'll get home at 5. I'll proceed to sort the colours from the whites then do my laundry. And then we'll try tidying up the room before dinner. After dinner would be resting, thai class then movie. Speaking of thai class, I can now recite 28 out of 44 thai consonants and I can write them too!

I really cannot figure out how working mums have the time to wash additional loads of clothes, tend to their babies, potty train their kids, coaching them etc. Arent they just super? Even with the help of MILs and domestic helpers, putting aside quality time for kids after work requires effort. I mean, dont they need a rest after work? Like just slump onto a comfy chair and do nothing at all?

Super mums.

4 comments:

shannz said...

Am I considered a super mum? haha!

Typical day goes like this:

6.30am-7.30am: Wake up, shower, get ready for work. Usually Daryl wakes up while I'm in the midst of preparation, so gotta feed him & take care of any 'unforeseen' business before I 'hand over' to MIL and leave home for work.

7.30pm-8pm: Usually the time I reach home. Sometimes need to bathe Daryl if MIL hasn't done so. Basically take over from MIL so that she can prepare dinner for whole family (she's the mistress of the house and KITCHEN!).

8pm-10pm: Dinner, followed by quality time with Daryl. It means playing with him, letting him crawl all over the place, getting him ready for bedtime etc etc.

10pm-1130pm: Time for myself and wm (if he's in sg), before retiring to lalaland.

note: hardly have time to meet up with friends/jalan jalan anymore! sobz. When are u coming back???

Vanessa said...

y u get home so late? dont u knock off at 6?

has baby fox muttered his first word?

shannz said...

Check out my latest blog posts for Baby Fox updates. haha!

shannz said...

By the way, I get home late because:

1. If wm is in town, I usually have to wait till after 630pm before he reaches to pick me up from work.

2. If wm is not in town, I have to take public transport which means bus to harbourfront, NEL to Hougang and then bus home. Which usually takes ard 1.5hrs in total. Sucks right.