Monday 15 October 2007

Project A

Had attempted Project A using my new toy. We wanted a bag for the Wii machine which would come in handy whenever we had to camp over at my BIL's place (which we conveniently named it "the resort") and would bring it along to keep ourselves entertained.

My domesticated man at work:







I swear it wasnt easy creating this thing. Wasnt proud at all with the end product cos it can hardly stand upright and the stitchwork looked horrible. My mood was quite dampened by the look of it. On my second attempt to produce something simpler (a handphone pouch for MM), I was so disgusted by my own invention that I fed it to the bin. Argghhh.

Met some friends for lunch yesterday followed by coffee at Wawee coffee. Chiangmai is populated with lotsa cottage-style restaurants/ shops with an extensive usage of bricks/ wood and raw looking concrete:





Looks pretty cozy but the style is kindda over-used. Anyhow, the foreigners are infatuated with such styles. Farangs are in love with this city. They can go on and on about how they love this place being slow-paced, laid-back and all. Sometimes I wonder if full scale urbanization had failed to take place within this city or the city had restrained transformation cos of the expectations people have of it. And after coffee and some rest, P and I headed off to our soon-to-be regular Sunday squash.



Gym sessions had come to a halt since coming to Chiangmai. The closest thing to that is our Sunday squash. And my meal intake has almost doubled since I am here. I no longer skip lunch and I am taking rice, chocolate, ice-cream, carbonated drinks and occassional suppers!!! Needless to say, I've put on weight. Argghh. I am toying with the idea of getting a treadmill!!!

Was on MSN with dad few days ago when he casually asked about Plan B. Hmm... Plan B is not on the cards yet. Neither P's nor mine. We are enjoying each other's company and intrusion by a wailing baby would have to come much later. Used to advocate baby production and had told Shan that I would have no qualms about having kids right after marriage. Guess there's a change in mindset now. Shan's blog is now plastered with pics of baby fox, tales of motherhood and such... seeing these reinforced that I'm really not prepared for Plan B yet. I am not ready to share my time and P's time with a third person. Moreover, my Thai sucks. Unless the kid is a natural linguist, he would really have a hard time juggling with the many languages that he had to equip himself with in order to converse with the various VIPs of his life. And if you are curious and intend to question us when we're back, you can save it. Ask me two years later, of course unless accidents happen. *Touchwood*

No comments: