Tuesday 14 August 2012

@ 35 weeks and 4 days

Saturday marked day 1 of week 35, signalling that Utt would be reaching full term in 12 days and could be with us any minute in 12 days.

12 days. That is less than 2 weeks. OMG.

As the big day draws close, and my body gets all tense up and ready, I recall my pregnancy journey which has been till today, been incredible and amazing. I guess I have been a dignified pregnant Mama, trying to be prepared while still carrying out my daily routine and not be perceived as a partial handicap who needs help in everything (but please rest assured that I have not been silly enough to push beyond my limits). Sometimes, P calls me the most hardworking pregnant woman. I do not see how the bump should stop me from doing some chores in the house, garden, etc. which help to keep me occupied and moving. I am seriously scared out of my wits about not being able to shed my pregnancy weight gain. And so I guess keeping my body moving all the time helps to lessen the guilt about the extra pound gained. At least I have tried. And I hope it works. I am equally fearful about the actual day, about everything that's going to happen before contractions start, during contractions and in the birth room. But then again, if motherhood is the main dish, pregnancy is just the appetiser. There would be more to worry about when little Utt arrives.

Well, we'll see... we'll see.

Our message to the small chap, inspiration from Etsy:


The Mama today:


No comments: