Tuesday 26 June 2012

Last trip before domestic mayhem

Spent a good 2 weeks back in Singapore and was glad to have done all I intended to: Spending lots of time with my family, meeting up with people precious to me and stocking up on Utt's essentials. Glad that I have accomplished them all.

Crawling out of bed in the mornings and spending time groceries shopping with my mum in the neighbourhood wet market is something I've tried to do every time I get back home. It's an interesting sight to watch and it offers a different experience from the hustle and bustle in the city. Having morning breakfast in the local coffeeshop with my folks and doing the so mundane yet necessary things with them was simply my way of saying the good old daughter is back. And then also going around town with them, exploring and re-exploring places that has warped over time was I hope quality time well-spent together.

As I always do, I appreciate the efforts of  family and friends for organising get-togethers, putting off plans, rearranging schedules to catch up. It has become so enjoyable just to sit back and chat and it certainly shows how much we have grown (aged/ matured, whatever).

Utt will learn about all these soon enough.

No comments: