Monday 11 June 2012

Going solo and baby thoughts

Getting on the plane in 3 hours time, probably the last time that I would be heading home alone (and strictly speaking I am hardly alone now with Utt in my pouch). With P joining me in Singapore next week, this is going to be quite a special trip for us - we will be returning the next time with Utt in our arms and as parents of a newborn.

And although I have endless complains about the political situation in Singapore, the lack of freedom of speech and expression and the crazily one-sided mainstream media reporting which is increasingly getting on my nerves, I love my country not a bit less than the day I left. I love my family and I love my friends. Not matter how long I have spent away from Singapore, it doesn't dilute my love for the people dear to my heart. And so, I would like Utt to be blessed with the same love these people show me, and I would love Utt to be able to share and experience what Mama had gone through as a toddler, teenage and young adult. My greatest hope for Utt is for him to grow up a Thai-Singaporean that is conscious about his roots and appreciate the multiculturalism in the Singaporean society. I would make sure that Utt has the privilege to experience the life of a Thai, and the life of a Singaporean and choose for himself in future what he sees best for himself.

Dear Utt,

As you are growing at a rapid speed in the last month, Mama starts to imagine life with you and how things might be different for me and Papa. Mama love Papa alot and it is beyond words can describe how much I have appreciated him in my life and how much we have adjusted and changed over the years to accomodate each other. Mama can't help but feel curious how Papa and I will adjust our largely self-centered style of living to one that is going to be probably revolving around you. Mama does not believe in losing the intimacy as couple and being someone who has lost track of her own wants and needs as a new life arrives in her life, and Mama will try her best to cope and find a balance in the midst of playing the multiple roles of being a nurturing mum, an understanding wife and an individual who continues to blossom.

Love,
Mama

No comments: