Friday 3 February 2012

Love from Mandalay

Mandalay unlike Yangon exudes spirit of a lively city. Isolationism that occurs Burma-wide till the 1980s is not evident in this city where modern buildings are sprucing and development is propelled by the influx of foreign investment particularly from China.

I wouldn't mind spending more time here in Mandalay. The weather is pleasing and I guess it's approximately 20 deg C now. The weirdest thing for our trip here is probably getting up at 6 for a 7.30am meeting. At Yangon, we set the alarm to ring at 8.

This is the last meeting for our trip and tomorrow is the last we are spending in Burma. This evening, we will be heading back to Yangon in the strange 50-seat plane that services like a bus making various stops before reaching our destination. A night after, I will be back in the comforts of my home, not having worries about mosquitoes attacks at night and getting paranoid about the possibility of sleeping on a bed bug infested bed.

I am not missing any food at the moment. Right now, I am just missing familiar faces.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: