Monday 27 February 2012

Buy a HDB flat and your fate lies in the hands of the authorities

HDB is telling me that key collection is tentative in the 4th quarter of 2012 but there can be an early completion and handover by the project management team meaning there is a possibility that I can collect my keys in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of the year. The choices for me are:

- to pay a couple of hundreds to get a Power of Attorney
- to cross my fingers and pray that the deferment of key collection is within HDB acceptable time period (and they are not able to tell what is "acceptable time frame". What I do know is we cannot defer for too long as we "will have a problem then")

Doesn't the fact that I am heavily pregnant and is not allowed to fly/ I have just given birth and is in confinement makes it a valid enough reason for the deferment to be acceptable? I mean seriously, they are telling me that it could be any time from the 2nd quarter to the 4th. That is a whole 6 months and I am supposed to be on stand-by. Or, pay a couple of hundreds to get the PoA.

That's why I say, no matter how many Singapore Day you are hosting around the globe doesn't matter to people like us who are staying abroad for extended period of time. Go to this portal if you can: http://www2.overseassingaporean.sg/ and check the kind of crap they do. Seriously, they provide no answers to any of my questions regarding citizenship of my baby, application of citizenship by descent, how I can deal with authorities when I am aborad, etc. For goodness sake, we need a one-stop portal for convenience, not just a propaganda tool.

No comments: