Thursday 23 September 2010

Happy mid autumn

It's hard to believe, but this is my 4th mid autumn in Thailand.

Double yolk with lotus seed paste and durian monthong filling

Missing the snow skin and Teochew versions, but well. Mid autumn never fails to bring back memories. This is probably the one festival that reminds me alot about my godparents. Godma usually goes berserk over 4-yolk mooncakes and we used to get cool looking hand held lanterns from Chinatown every year. My goddad kinda like it old fashion and would coerce us into getting the traditional looking ones (i.e. without the music and bulbs). One year, I got a lantern in the shape of a phoneix.

I wonder if Little Guilin is still as crowded as before. I miss those days sitting by the lake, enjoying a good mooncake.

P suggested for us to take a peek at the moon and so we went out to our garage. He went on mumbling a few Chinese words and as always gave me a rub on my back. He probably knew on days like this, I miss home. My dad told me a while ago to appreciate small gestures and I am learning to do so. Each and everyday, I am learning to appreciate moments and people in life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone ii

1 comment:

yttun said...

I love this entry.

Do come back next year and we shall play with candles. ((=