Wednesday 25 August 2010

Weekday nights of an aspiring SAHM

On Monday night, P went off after dinner to attend a wake. Alone at home, I decided to give our house a thorough clean. This is how marriage life (and moving out) has changed our lives!!!

My kitchen at its tiptop.


Tuesday night was P's turn to cook. Unpexpectedly, he managed to prepare a yummylicious pot of curry. I decided to try out some new recipes I have found on the web and found myself kept busy till 10.30 pm preparing our dessert.

Fruits of my labour, CHAR SIEW BAO! My very supportive husband finished all 4 in a go.



And with the left over dough, I started making custard buns! Frankly, the custard buns tasted horrible. The attempt to re-create 流沙奶皇包 failed. The filling hardened into some paste that tasted incredibly egg-ish.


I am thankful for having a husband who can stomach all kind of food and never say no to cleaning up the kitchen mess (at least for now)!

No comments: