Monday 7 June 2010

Day visit to Fang district, Chiangmai

Took a 3-hour car ride yesterday and ended up in Fang, a district to the north of Chiangmai.

(freshly laid egg in a flower pot!)

Had the opportunity to do a bit of sightseeing in the not so touristy Fang district. We visited the new Chedi Kaew in Thaton and I was pleasantly surprised by its architecture, a deviation from the grandeur of most Thai temples.

On my way up Chedi Kaew, I could not help but notice the contributions of my fellow comrades!



Made our way to the top of the Chedi. The massive use of stainless steel is not a regular sight in most Thai temples. I thought Chedi Kaew is really kinda a modern interpretation of Buddhist architecture.

(My in-laws!)

Magnificent view of Fang from the Chedi

On my left just across from where I stood, I spotted a small settlement located in the midst of greens. It must be really frustrating to watch the construction and subsequent completion of a 200 million Thai baht temple right across from your village while your dilapidated living condition prevails.




Some "I-didn't-force-him-to" shots


2 comments: