Monday 4 January 2010

Hi Thailand, Bye Singapore

This is my last night in Singapore.

The past 2 weeks had been crazy. Chiangmai -- Bangkok -- Melaka -- KL -- Singapore, my schedule was uber pack. The BKK leg kicked off my busy schedule with a tiring 4-day sightseeing/ walking/ shopping/ food trip. My parents haven't been to BKK since 10 odd years ago (when I was 16-17). Guess it was quite an experience for them to be led around by their daughter this time round. They got the opportunity to visit most of the attractions (except Damnoen Saduak Floating Market).

Meeting with All Stars turned out well. Mdm managed to see my friends whom I haven't met for a while now. At this age, I guess we ain't looking forward to getting drunk (though I wouldn't mind) and a cosy dinner had served its purpose in a gathering for old schoolmates.

Trip to Melaka was as usual. I know it sounds weird, but I hate seeing people getting old, and being vulnerable due to their old age. Granny's grey hair, increasingly slow pace at almost everything etc. I have never truly shared an intimate relationship with my Granny, perhaps our geographical distance has always been the barrier, but I treasure the moments I have with her.

And then was my 3 days/ 2 nights KL trip. I'm glad to be able to meet up with the IH folks. It wasn't a sightseeing trip and thanks to Nijon, I got to enjoy myself spending time with the girls. My days in USyd were one of the most memorable and fun times I have had, and seeing these folks again seems like a memory revival. And of course I was glad to have Candice with us again. The last time we saw each other was during my wedding and that was like, 2.5 years ago.

And the gossipy gatherings with all the Chongs/ Chens/ Ngs were the must-haves, something that I miss alot when away from home. Growing up in a huge family with all the uncles/ aunts and fun loving cousins, sometimes the quiet life in Chiangmai does kill me.

Life's going to be quite different this year, and I hope 2010 will be a better one. I'm flying back to my hubby soon and I just want to tell MM, as always, I really enjoyed your company. I am going to miss you dearly. Thanks for arranging for the gathering, thanks for showering me with gifts/ treats, thanks for taking time out from your very very busy schedule. Thanks for everything. I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

yttun said...

I bet our gossipy moments are most memorable.
My true true companion always.
Love you and will really miss you.
Take care and have fun decorating your new home!
^_^