Friday 20 March 2009

About work, HDB flat and our dog

Mdm had been very busy at work for the past few weeks. Since getting back from Sg, I have been busy preparing for the opening of our new resource center. Finally, our website (which I created from scratch!) is up and ready. Not uber impressive but considering that I managed to set it up in 3 days, I thought this is rather presentable.

When work is hectic, time passes really fast. This week just zoomed past and before you know it, April would be here very soon (which is good b/c Mdm will be having quite a number of day offs in April)! I have previously planned to make a trip home this April. One, to visit and two, to sign agreement for our flat. Anyway, long story short, the path to getting our place in Singapore is bumpy and we are still appealing. I hope HDB would get back to us soon so that we can settle everything asap. This meaning that I can only make plans after HDB informs me of our application results (which I hope is going to be very soon).

We watched Marley and Me yesterday. I wouldn't say it is a tearjerker b/c the touching parts are pushed to the end and the build up to it wasn't that fantastic but I can relate to it especially now that my dog is considered middle age and very soon, she would be an elderly. Watching Owen Wilson in the beginning of the movie reminded me of the days we first got her back from the breeder: her whining at night, her potty training sessions, us taping the newspaper to the floor and her tearing them up etc. She was with us when we shifted out during the renovation period and I can recall her joy when we moved back to our current place.

Seriously, she has been an amazing dog. She gives us nothing but joy and has never been a dog who has any disciplinary problem. This adorable cute little thing is certainly our pride.

No comments: