Monday 22 September 2008

The government robot

'I'm going to die on Monday at 6.15pm'
__________

Since I am attempting to join the HDB club, we are required to submit a full set of documents. The preparation work started few weeks back and the whole process is tedious and extremely troublesome (especially for MM). The translation and certification of our payslips/ land titles/ valuation reports totalled up to $460. I can't believe that the translation company is charging us $300 for a kid's job and they took like a week to complete the translation.

Since day one, I have been corresponding with this particular officer. Every few days, I'll keep her updated with our documents collection status, inform her the difficulties I have been facing and the possible delays etc. She usually responds to my email within 48 hours and I am extremely pleased with her efficiency. Yet I cannot understand why she keeps replying my email in a robotic tone that makes her sounds like an answering machine.

Anyway, every thing is finally out to HDB today. We'll just have to sit back and wait for the results from the balloting exercise as well as HDB's consent to purchase.

2 comments:

yttun said...

YeS! Very tiring! U owe me a BIG treat!!!

Good Luck! =))

Vanessa said...

and money... wakhaha. i havent transferred yet. =P