Wednesday 24 September 2008

Bad guys versus good guys

P actually asked the shop keeper if she would part with her mannequin. The lady had the funniest look ever and went, "No we don't sell this, we got it from Bangkok. What would you need this for???".

Anyway, P's being incredibly supportive of my new hobby. I thought it is too soon to invest in accessories since I'm not really sure how long this fever is going to last. Whenever he sees me getting in and out of my half-done projects, he will try convincing me that everything would be much easier if I get a sewing mannequin. He actually suggested for us to lug one back from Bangkok when we are doing our stopover there in 2 weeks' time.



The Anda dress is on its way to MM. I concluded that I cannot wear anything that looks slightest like an empire cut. I guess the Anda dress will fit MM much better and she definitely will not look preggie in it. I am just left with hemming for my third project, which is done using the same material as my first. P can vouch that my worksmanship is improving and my latest project (which is 95% done) is now my new pride.

By the way, if you have been watching Gossip Girl, I think you would agree with me about Chuck Bass. Half the reason why I am so into the show is the really entertaining Chuck Bass and the other half, the bitchy storyline. And because of GG, I can't wait for the arrival of Wednesdays.



I think the bad boy image is still the in thing (at least for me). I don't know why but goody-two-shoes are always wishy-washy (Dan Humphrey, Nate Archibald from GG, Sam Winchester from Supernatural etc.) and they tend to annoy me. They are indecisive, make (sometimes unnecessary) sacrifices, etc. and always seem to have some noble reasons for their silly acts.

It's a case of bad guys versus good guys. I cannot help but wonder if what we see is what we want. Maybe in real life, goody-two-shoes are not that desirable afterall.

No comments: