Saturday 23 August 2008

Mdm is glad that after 6 months, I still love my job

We have been downloading Supernatural season 2 for a week now and it seems like it is going to be stuck at the 50% mark forever. So smart Mdm is looking at alternative options. The quality is obviously going to be much worse than DVD files, but I CANT WAIT ANYMORE! Tudou loads so much faster than Youtube. Plus, the quality is better. And tonight, we will have episode 1-4 of Supernatural season 2. =))

Condiment dish using bone china by voonwong&bensonsaw.



Very interesting. This design is very practical, especially in Thailand (considering the number of condiments Thais use in a single meal).

Mdm got a very positive reply from my professor this week. He's cool about making a trip down to Chiangmai. Although the school's paying for the air tickets, accommodation (which is sadly, on campus), transportation and meals, we are not paying him a single cent for his consultation work. I know he's currently involved in multiple projects and I kinda feel bad about not being able to offer him a better remuneration package but on the other hand I'm very excited about getting him here.

I am in my current job for half a year now. Frankly, sometimes it gets very frustrating when things are moving so slowly at work. There doesn't seem to have any urgency in what-so-ever. The pace is uber relax. Anyhow, working in the academic field exposes me to people who are very passionate about learning and education. I am introduced to many who place the benefits of others before themselves and think not in terms of individual monetary gains but welfare of the students and the community. At least, even when things are moving slow (or sometimes not moving at all), but when it does it is satisfying to find yourself part of something meaningful.

No comments: