Thursday 24 July 2008

第五天

I was on the phone with mummy when SIL knocked on the door. One of the kids had some homework due tomorrow and needed help. When I got back into the room a minute later, as expected, mummy had hung up. Next minute, dad called back on my cellphone.

We were chatting while the kid was sitting right next to me, browsing through the net for information required for tomorrow's lesson. 5 minutes later, P got up from his sleep looking for ear plugs. He was having a bad headache and had fallen asleep since 8 pm. Apparently, my conversation had woken him from his sleep. He tried looking for the ear plugs, gave up, then turned to me for help. Dad must have realized that I was very distracted by then. Thinking that I must be busy, he cut the conversation short.

And now, P got his ear plugs, niece got her piece of news but my conversation with my folks had ended. Just suddenly, I feel so guilty. I call home once every two days but today, I wasn't able to find 15 minutes to speak to my dad. I cannot give 15 minutes to the man who throughout the week I was back, always try to be so accommodating. This is my fifth day away from home.

No comments: