Thursday 24 January 2008

I am a parasite

Hadnt been blogging alot cos Mdm is feeling sooooo lazy.

Went out alone venturing in town cos P had to attend a dinner function with his dad, meaning I would have to eat at home with his mum, sis and nieces. Kindda needed my own space for the moment cos I really had an overdose of family dinner for the past days and so... I cleverly (or not so) excused myself out of the house. So there I was, walking aimlessly in town.

Sometimes, I wonder if it is normal to feel like how I felt. The need to just stay away from people. Esp when:

1. I cant really communicate with them
2. I HAVE to communicate with them

If it does permit, I would have love to just stay in my room and munch on some unhealthy food for dinner. But I couldnt. Locking myself away would seem unfriendly and a complete social hermit. So I had to wander on streets. Arghhh. And just the other day over family dinner, I was asked by my FIL to talk more and not keep quiet during dinner. I mean... I have been talking to people if it is necessary. Esp to the kids, who would come to me quite alot to play games and all. But talking during dinner, esp in my quarter-bucket standard thai is like... WTH. Who would have the patience to decipher my words when they are filling their stomachs? I certainly do not have the patience to search through my limited vocab bank to convey my brilliant ideas either.

And then I realise how bored I can get when P's not home with me. I am becoming a parasite. Anywayz, he wasnt attending the function willingly either, and it was boring for him to sit through hours of dinner talk with the oldies. And when he got home and saw that I had the words "bored to tears" virtually banded on my forehead, he was sorry and then was extremely sweet.

Anyway, back to accounts of my sole venture into town. Got myself "The Road Less Travelled" in this second hand bookstore that I frequent. A non-fiction kindda book which is very much like what MM would be interested in. Anwayz, I was flipping through it while having my foot massage at the night bazaar and caught this very interesting chapter on love and dependency. Read a paragraph on how the author had described loving someone as not being effortless, but effortful and going an extra mile for that special person. Got to finish up that chapter before I can share more.

Had a strange dream yesterday night. Dreamt that the allstar girls were stuck in the airport cos we couldnt decide our travel destination. We were like not concern of the price at all but just couldnt decide where to go. Strange.

No comments: