Sunday 11 November 2007

Past, present, future.

These nights, pple start playing fireworks nightly cos Loy Krathong's in end of the month. Mdm, the excited Singaporean who's fireworks-deprived, joined in the fun and got my second try at it in Chiangmai 2 nights ago ^^.

Some really dark photos from yesterday:





And... the best of all is... everything (the light sticks, the pop-pops, mini firecrackers etc) only costed us 42 baht!!! Super duper cheap la. 42 baht... maybe can get us only a box of pop-pop? =.='' Mdm shops in hypermarkets alot and I am amazed at how much price's jacked up in Singapore, esp for things like shampoo, conditioner, body wash etc. I have this idea of taking orders from folks in Sg, then selling them like say at 20% off retail price. Cool? Mdm is presenting a win-win situation for all lei.

Saw this Dutch movie (Antonio's Line) at the European film festival yesterday. The theatre was like 80% full but we seemed to be the only asians around. P turned to me and said "I felt like I'm back in Sydney". I had a sudden surge of emotions, nostalgia and all. Whether it's Sydney, Sg... the past seems to be living vividly in me. I do not know if there's any psychological term for this syndrome but very often, I find myself clinging on to bits and pieces of the past.

Woke up very late today and as usual, had our squash session. We were contemplating on getting our own rackets since the maths showed that it would make more sense to do so. And hopefully, we would be playing it more often with our own rackets. Had our lunchinner at this rather new place called Maze cafe. Food's very very yummy and price's rather cheap for the ambience and all. Check this out:

http://www.mazecafe.com/index2.php

A lot of such hippie places are starting to emerge in this city. Maybe, it's a good sign.

No comments: