Tuesday 30 October 2007

Deja vu

Back to Thailand. *Sigh* 10 days should be a rather long break but waking up today makes me feel like I'd never gone back home. It felt like a dream. Here I'm in this room AGAIN, typing in front of the com. Back to 2 eggs, a cup of coffee and my beloved Myvito biscuits.

I tried to recall what we'd done over the last 10 days in S'pore. Aside from my trip to grandma's at Malacca, bulk of the time was still spent in S'pore. Yet, we'd been to Orchard only ONCE, Vivo only ONCE and Westmall only ONCE! And, I failed to walk my dog and engage into long talks with MM. Hell... what had we been doing? I did manage to pop by Jeremy's to have my long awaited hairdo and got some new loots to prepare myself for the mild winter. Aside from that, we hadnt been doing enough and time never seems to be enough.

The product of Jeremy's:



We suffered city withdrawal sypmtoms yesterday and decided to gave ourselves a break (i.e. no work) while spending half the time sighing and missing city life. I always thought it is harder for me than for P cos this is his home and it would be easier for him since his friends and family are here. Maybe I've been too rigid-minded to disregard that having spent 9 years in Sydney, he had gotten used to the cosmopolitan way of life which was in his case, complemented with much freedom, less restriction and zero family intervention. Being in Singapore must have reminded him much of his life in Sydney. When I decided to get married and move here, I was given a choice and I made one. Maybe it was harder for him because he didnt have the chance to do so.

Pics of us back at home:






Shan and the rest popped by my place on sun and baby fox was here too. My folks were happily playing with him when Shan and WM asked if Plan B would have to come early since my folks seems pretty addicted. Few days before I left, my mum actually asked me to get Shan to bring Baby fox to our place when she's free. O..O. Taking this picture convinced me that Plan B really really has to be placed on hold. It's for the sake of the tiny life that's going to be in my hands.



P spent his birthday in Singapore. We had a simple meal and guess what, this Sichuan Hotpot was to him the best food he had ever tasted in Singapore. O..O. After dinner was a typical Chong birthday finale

















And some family day photos:











My parents had been trying to impart their cooking skills, getting me to cook some Chinese food here for both myself and P and my dad had been trying to coerce me to pick up cooking so that I can prepare meals for P. And so mummy packed me a bag of red dates, bak ku teh herbs and some other stuff for me to start poisoning my husband. I had prepared my first dosage yesterday and surprise surprise surprise... it actually tasted quite yummy!!! Haha! Me is proud of meself. I am starting to be a cook. And... we bought home a rebonding kit yesterday and I had my first test to being P's personal hairdresser. To perfect the job, we went hunting for a salon style straightener.




My reluctant customer:


Had been asked quite often about what I have been doing in Chiangmai and my answer is uber PC -- "helping my husband". Full-stop. Short and sweet. I guess to do justice to my life here, I should give a more detailed description of what I'd been doing. Next entry. =)

No comments: