Wednesday 8 August 2007

First day

*Yawn*

So happy to be lazing at home while the rest are slogging. MUAHAHAHA. Evil or what. Anyways, I hereby proudly welcome myself to the life of a bummer. Wasnt in the mood to update this space cos I was rather busy at work clearing shit and passing on shit. So yea... now, I'm finally a free bird.

Just got back from a R&R trip with my family. That was sort of an appetiser to my current bummer lifestyle. Had plenty of sun, sthg that I had been missing out for quite a while. While lazing, dad blurted that this would probably be the last trip for us as a family, as in not in it's extended form. It's amazing how married couples get through this phase.

Some pics from the sunny island =)


























It's National Day tomorrow! Well, no difference for me cos everyday is a public holiday for me now. *Gloats*.

Just some out of the blue thoughts, the announcement of putting Pearl Bank on sale so close to National Day seems to me a very ironical arrangement. Quoting URA's description of Pearl Bank, it's "one of the pioneers of high-rise, high-density living in Singapore, and continues to act as a landmark in the Outram area". Well, soon it will be gone. I'm not a conservation expert and I do not know how the government can play a part in saving this fine piece of work and intervening this private transaction. But in a country where government intervention is nothing, I think there's a way. I've yet to thought of one cos I'm not Mr Mah. But well, think the National Library, Oasis, Pearl Bank and Golden Mile. My now ex-boss told me once that the planners in URA have been trying to get rid of Oasis and Golden Mile for years cos they are hedious. *Screams*. Golden Mile evolves into what it is today without any form of intended intervention. Think Golden Mile. Now think Chinatown and Little India. Are the planners blind?

Can someone knock some sense into these Martians?

No comments: